Sunday, November 15, 2009

Post Numero Uno

I have not posted since June of 2008. That is a sin and I hope you will forgive me. I have decided to start this new blog and start all over. I have been thinking a lot about this past year and what has been happening with my family. Things are so wonderful. It may be the season but I truly have nothing to complain about. I might not like my job, my car, my income, my progress at school, or a whole lot of other things but that is not what this blog is about. This blog is going to be about me, my family, our adventures and our accomplishments. Some things that I am planning on posting are:
1. My gratitude list: the 1,000 things that I am grateful for. 2. My goal list and their accomplishments: I have a goal to accomplish 1,000 goals. 3. My books: I love to read and one of my 1,000 goals is to collect and hopefully read a library of 5,000 book. 4. The Castillo family adventures: we love to camp, fish, hunt, jeep, really anything outdoors, as well as Haley and I are challenging each other to a health contest to see who will be the sexiest. 5. And, the Castillo family accomplishments: a weekly update on what is going on with me and mine.
I hope you will read and comment often. I will do my best to write things of interest, but like most people’s blogs this is more for me and my wife than creating a following. Wish me luck!
POST NUMERO UNO
I am grateful for:
1. My family. They are so kind and understading. I would rather be with my wife, Haley, and my kids, Easton and Averie, than do anything else in the world.
2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that it is the true gospel and that Christ is my Savior.
3. My home. We live in a beautiful 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom split level in Lehi. We love our neighborhood and we love our home (just not the mortgage on or around the 1st of each month).
4. The upcoming holiday season. What a great time of year. So much fun, family, friends, good food, changing weather, etc. What is there not to love about it.
5. Food on the table. I catch myself sometimes thinking, "I wish Haley would go shopping so we would have some food in this house". I open the pantry and the fridge and there is hardly anywhere to put things.
6. Means to provide for my family. I am currently employed at an undisclosed location (as you will come to understand through this blog, I am anti-JOB). It is not fun but it allows me to pay my bills. I also just started my second landscaping company (I sold the first one in 2005). It is called Elite Landscape Management. I love the industry and am excited about the future of the company. We just finished our first job about a month ago. It was my moms house in Cedar Hills. I think it turned out really nice and I will post the before and after pictures in the spring.
7. The good ol' U. S. of A.. We live in a great land and have more opportunities than anyone else could ever dream of. No one is stopping me from acheiving our dreams but myself.
8. Date night with my wife. We try to go on a date every Friday night so if anyone is volunteering to babysit, we dont pay well but our kids will clean your bathrooms.
9. Books. Mostly personal development and Church books. Not really into fiction but I am up for almost anything.
10. BYU football. This season has not gone as planned but GO COUGS!!
Some of my 1,000 goals are:
1. Accomplish 1,ooo goals.
2. Collect a library of (and hopefully read) 5,000 books.
3. Finish a spring triathlon.
4. Change the world.
5. Commute to the office via helicopter every morning.
6. Attend a temple session at every temple in the USA.
7. Ride a bike across the whole state of Utah.
8. Visit all 50 states.
9. Visit every continent.
10. Raise and donate $20,000,000 for charity.
What are you grateful for and what are some of your goals?

1 comment:

  1. Dang! Sound pretty exciting to me! If I were closer I would sure be up to babysitting your kids...for free and I WOULD expect them to clean my bathrooms! Ha! Ha! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete